Now users will be able to transfer chats from Android to iPhone, WhatsApp has brought a new feature. For the convenience of the users, WhatsApp has recently rolled out a new feature. Thanks to this, after a long wait, users can now easily transfer chats from Android (Android) smartphone to Apple (Apple) iPhone (iPhone). This feature will be available to users as part of Apple's 'Move to iOS' (Move to iOS) app, allowing iPhone users to see this option when setting up their new phone.
Existing iPhone users, however, need to back up their phones and perform a factory reset in order to use this new update. The new feature will be launched in beta version of WhatsApp from today and will be available to all users within the next one week. Needless to say, the news of this new update will fill the minds of a large number of users with happiness.
Let me tell you, in a blog post last Tuesday evening, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO and founder of Meta, announced the rollout of this much-awaited feature. He said that by maintaining end-to-end encryption, users will be able to transfer all chat history, photos, videos and voice messages from Android phone to iPhone very easily. Note that the necessary feature for transferring chat from iPhone to Android was rolled out by the meta-owned company last year. Until recently, however, there was no easy way to transfer data from Android to iPhone. For this, users had to take the help of some third-party tools which are not reliable at all. So it goes without saying that there was no valid way to transfer chat history. However, this time the company provided the facility for users to transfer all the chat details from Android to iPhone. As a result, no matter if users switch phones to any operating system now, there is no chance of losing the chat!
How to transfer WhatsApp chat from Android to iPhone?
- Open the Move to iOS application on the Android phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
- A code will be displayed on your iPhone, enter it on your Android phone.
- Tap 'Continue' and follow the on-screen prompts. Then wait for the data transfer.
- Tap 'Start' on your Android phone. WhatsApp will take some time to prepare for data transfer and you will have to wait for that time.
- Once the device is ready for data transfer, you will be signed out of your Android phone.
- Then tap on 'Next' to return to the 'Move to iOS' app.
- To transfer data from your Android phone to your iPhone, tap 'Continue' and wait for the notification in the 'Move to iOS' app to make sure that the data transfer process is complete.
- .Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Then start the whole process by tapping 'Start'.
- Now when you activate your new device properly and open WhatsApp, you will see that all the chats of your old phone have been moved to the new phone. Note that if you do not delete it, all the data will remain on your old phone.
In this case, users of Android 5 (Android 5) or later and iOS 15.5 (iOS 15.5) or later will be able to access this feature. However, in addition to this, it is very important for the users to keep in mind a few more minor issues. For example, during data transfer, users need to make sure that their phones are connected to a power source and the same Wi-Fi network. If the two phones are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, then users need to connect the Android device to the iPhone's hotspot.